All posts tagged: otbt

a tether keeping me there

In a place inescapable, and not wanting to leave. Welcome to one of the many wonders of the world, Natural Bridge. Deemed the “Bridge of God” by the Indians who discovered it, this archway was carved from the seemingly still waters that run through it’s gateway. Whether it was the contrast of shade beneath the bridge, or the cool blue of the water’s reflection, my breath felt hot against the stone, like an earthen beast lurking in the dark in search for prey. ….ooor maybe I just felt like a bad-ass wearing laced leather shorts and killer sandals. Either way, it made the adventure all the more exciting. Which, by the way – I was able to enjoy with dad and bother visiting for the weekend. If you ever find yourself in VA, this place is great for an all-day of play with trails along the bridge, a semi-large zoo, and the deepest caves on the East Coast. photography:KUNDAN KUMAR | camera:CANNON 5D MARK III |  top:VINCE | shorts:NASTYGAL | gladiators:OTBT | pendant and chain c/o:SILVER MOTH And if you can appreciate beauty that takes time, …

whispers of the past

Welcome inside the famed Khajuraho temples of central India.The Chandela dynasty to be specific, between 950 and 150 AD. A hidden grove of ancient architecture, famed in darkness for it’s reputation of erotic sculptures lining it’s walls. I went in slightly braced, and hugely curious. What I discovered, was a beautifully enchanting retreat that had a way of encompassing one with feelings of unchecked fantasy and whispers of the past. Its sculptures were much for focused on that era of everyday lifestyle, war, peace, rulers, etc than that of a suggestive nature. Only small segments on one of the over 20 temples, displayed any form of sexuality. Though what they did show… they showed a lot. Like everything. And some pretty weird stuff too… So on that note, let’s move on to fashion shall we? Disregarding the previous insights, India has actually an extremely modest nature throughout. So wardrobe options in 90 degree weather were limited. May I advise loose, breathable clothing should you venture there. The leather crop I’m wearing here was super cute and flattering with the flowing culottes. However,… it …

on the fence

Part of the work I do for my big girl job is coordinating photoshoots for our branded marketing material – and at times stepping in as the foot model when we’re running a project on short notice. (If you’re in the shoe business, you know how lucky being a size 6.0 can be) This is one such shoot for my favorite of our brands, which you see me wearing on the constant. OTBT. These pumps are actually a part of their Spring 2015 collection, but are in early and available now here!: http://www.musthaveshoes.com/lee-mint-otbt.html What I love about the brand, 90% of them are made with the softest leathers while the other 10% are made with fun prints (I made those statistics up), the styles are a bit tough-girl, sporty-chic, and a few of the styles lean in towards comfort with footbeds and velcro closures. Don’t lie to me, I know you love velcro. And let me tell you, after trapesing around the town shooting over a dozen outfits on this particular day, this pair was …

falling out

Fall, along with it’s brilliant colors and crisp air, brings mixed feelings… Truly it’s one of the most breathtaking times of the year. One could never replace the smell of turning leaves catching in the wind, the brightness of the sky in those moments at dawn and dusk, and the warmth of the sun in the afternoons. But a certain undertone of the darkest sadness sets in with the realization that summer has past, and the death of the growing things on the earth will bring on the set of the bitterness of winter. The sky now darkens in the evenings before one has time to rush home for supper, and the once pleasant walks in the evenings are now most dreaded. Winter, we’re braced but never ready. Staying bundled up and warm, so unless we get an onset of Indian Summer, expect a lot of layers for the next few months. Wearing a new overcoat from BlackFIVE which I refused to take off even for photos. These Jbrand jeans are one of the most …

shear camo

What to do over a drizzly weekend other than shop and blog. Darker days call for chunky sweaters and combat boots, don’t you agree? Found several new baubles I couldn’t live without, but my prize find was a new lambskin rug – which my darling pup quickly claimed as her own. I think she felt at home snuggled in the winter white that she so well blended in. Needless to say, the following hours of our afternoon were totally lost in zzzz’s. photography: KUNDAN KUMAR | camera:CANNON 5D MARK III |  sweater:KENSIE | shorts:GUESS | boots:OTBT